Our industry at times suffers from a poor consumer image. We don’t like to admit it and everyone thinks their work is good. But the reality is we have some shops doing a less-than-quality repair. Maybe what we need is a good ol’ shot of Penicillin!…
Read the full article at ABRN
There are several advanced methods to consider for inventory and ordering. Two options include CollisionLink, which is offered through jobbers utilizing the Comcept (jobber) management system. NuVentory is a program that works in conjunction with several jobber systems. Both of these systems provide ordering, inventory and reports. With links to the jobber systems, these programs provide dynamic content that updates current prices part numbers as they come to market. These and other systems can be found online or via your jobber…..
Read the full article at ABRN
Great honor to be recognized by I-CAR as the 2016 Southwest Region Instructor of the Year. Guess all those hours and miles paid off. That’s Jim Compton (Instructor of the Year) and Jim Matherly (King Tut award) in the center receiving our awards. Flanked by Keith Going I-CAR Regional Mgr., John Van Alstyne I-CAR CEO, Jim Compton, Jim Matherly and Nick Notte I-CAR Director of Business Development.
Lean Material Management
From Hunter & Associates
Our success has led to a couple of similar Paint & Material Management reports. Don’t be fooled by the copy cats. Only our Copyrighted* Lean Material Management (LMM, LM2) reports have all these features:
- Categories based on procedural steps.
- Subcategories to further refine product usage with these categories.
- Departmental breakdowns (Paint Shop, Body Shop, Detail etc.)
- Results presented in both graphical and tabular formats.
- General Ledger breakdowns (optional reconciliation to A/P statement.)
- Optional Client Specific GL coding.
- Average usage by R.O.
- Average usage by Refinish Hour. (by Dollar & Volume).
- Tracking of “other” billable items (Clips, Fasteners, Line Items).
- Comparative KPIs
- Peer Group.
- MSO or 20-Group.
- Geographical Region.
- We also provide customized group reports and presentations.
- We work with all major paint lines and jobber data systems.
- Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement provided.
When you want the best, the original you want Lean Material Management reports: by J. Hunter & Associates. We can arrange a short (20-30 minute) introductory Webinar/Phone conference.
We have no affiliations with any manufacturers, and are not trying to sell you more or different paint & materials. Our reports save you money.
We do NOT compare jobbers, paint lines, prices or discounts. Our reports are usage/purchase based.
Our LM2 reports are simple with only four shop inputs and a simple file from your jobber/paint distributor.
No Strings! No Pushy Sales! No Spam Emails! No Up Charges!
* Copyright infringement is the use of works protected by copyright law without permission, infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works. The copyright holder is typically the work’s creator, or a publisher or other business to whom copyright has been assigned. Copyright holders routinely invoke legal and technological measures to prevent and penalize copyright infringement.
Lean Material Management Reports Working for Better Accounting.
While this may sound counter intuitive …
First what we don’t do!
- We do not compare material performance between jobbers.
- We do not compare material performance between paint lines or brands.
- We never share pricing or discount information. Even shops receiving our reports are referred back to their local jobber or distributor with and questions about specific part #s or pricing.
- We do not share any data with anyone outside the clients selected group. (Typically reports are shared with the jobber and the shops so that they can work as a team to make improvements in material performance.)
Visit our Articles page or check out articles on line at ABRN and Fender Bender
Site of Future Blog Posts